Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Weight Of A Wedding On My Shoulders

With a little less than 3 weeks to go, I have run into some issues.  Trying to get on the ball and get stuff done has proven to be challenging at times.  I see my to do list getting smaller but there is still so much left to do, I want to just give up and call it a day.

The first issue we ran into was with Hubby's suit.  The same seamstress who made my dress, the bridesmaids dresses and the vests for the groomsmen also agreed to make Hubby's suit.  That turned out to be a disaster. Hubby hates the suit and refuses to wear it.  So not only do we have to pay for an ill fitting suit that hubby will never use, we have to find him another suit and pay for that as well.  Good thing I already found him a place where he can get his suit... I just hope he finds something he likes.  It is just too close to the wire right now for indecisiveness.

Another issue that worries me is our budget.  I thought I was doing so good with our budget but the little additions are adding up and my job is not bringing in as much funds as before (seeing as I have not been working the last few weeks). I just hope it all works out in the end and will leave it in God's hands.

Third issue, I am sick.  I took one day off because I was too sick to even get out of bed.  But that one day cost me: I had so much to do and still have so much to do, I can't afford a day off.  Now things are piling up and I will have to get things done ASAP.  I do not want to be running around day of the wedding like a crazy person.

And the final issue that is making me really worry: we have no officiant.  Yes, you heard right.  With no one to actually marry us, we cannot have a wedding. This sucks. I had an officiant, a friend of mother-in laws cousin that was going to do us the honor for a price that sure was too good to be true.  Well 2 weeks out and it turns out said officiant cannot marry us afterall.  Not sure why or what happened as I keep getting different stories from different people (she is too busy, she is sick, her father is sick).  However, she will get us another lawyer/ notary public to marry us for the same price, so I hope we can get that settled as soon as possible.  I am not sure why she waited until the appointed time to let me know this, as I have been calling her for the better part of a week with no answer.  I could be upset but I am too sick to even stress (and it might be stress that got me sick even though up until now I thought I was pretty calm.)

I just want things to go as smooth as possible the day of the wedding.  Of course, not looking for perfection but just a nice, fun day for my family and friends to enjoy.

No comments: