Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Candles, Candles Everywhere

Or more likely, a few candles here and there...LOL.  I wanted candles at my wedding.  I love the look and romantic feel of a dimly lit room, with glowing candle light everywhere.  Just beautiful.  And the weddings I have seen with candle light are breathtaking.  It's a pretty budget way to make your wedding look and feel glamorous.

I wanted votive candles on each table with our name and wedding date on them, so they could double as favors as well decor.  I originally budgeted for 4 votive candles per table so that each family could take a votive or two home as a keepsake.  However, looking at the budget and trying to cut costs where ever I could, I decided to just do 2 votive candles per table instead.  I cut my candle decor budget in half and still get the look I'm going for.  And it's not like my guests will go home empty handed; we have other favors for them to take home, mini favor boxes with a sweet treat inside.



Now while a lot of the brides I have talked with on line seem to hate favors of any sort unless it's something edible, I still subscribe to the idea of a take home favor.  Whenever I attend an event like a baby shower, bridal shower or wedding, especially a wedding, I kind of expect a favor that I can take home and have as a keepsake.  While edible favors are fine (I end up saving those chocolates in my freezer anyway), I still feel like my wedding would not be MY wedding if I didn't have some sort of favor for my guests to hold on to. I just hope my guests like them and I hope we'll have enough for every family to take with them.

No comments: