Monday, October 22, 2012

Pura Vida Weddings

I have to say, planning a wedding in Costa Rica does have it perks. First, the vendors here so much more relaxed.  They have your time, date and deposit.  They have the info so they don't harass you about final payments; most don't even want you to pay them anything until a week out and many don't require a final payment until the day of the actual event.  This gives me more time to save.

Second, Costa Rica is a naturally beautiful country.  And lucky for us, nature will be in her full glory in November with lush greenery and full grown trees that will offer a beautiful backdrop to our day.

Third, prices here are so much more accommodating   Speaking with other brides all over the world on the internet makes me so thankful that I'm having a Pura Vida wedding. I had sticker shock yes, but I cannot believe some of these prices other women are paying for their wedding day: $100 p/p for food and drinks, $2000 venue rental fees, $3000 for photography, $500 officiant fee for 30 minutes of service, $1000 church rental fee, $800 for car rental for a few hours and the list goes on and on.  Also, while there are true budget brides out there much like myself, it shocked me to see what other brides considered "low" budget: $15,000 is barely enough to get you what you want without sacrifices and many compromises.  I cannot imagine. Even ten grand would have given me the wedding of my dreams and then some.

I know there are brides here who can spend a pretty penny on their weddings just like those in the States; there are super pricey vendors here as well.  But the majority of women are like me, planning a wedding on a  tight budget and there are plenty of vendors that cater to our vision on a smaller price point.  All inclusive venues starting at just $14 p/p for everything, photographer packages from $400, and NO venue rental fees. My vendors are all budget friendly, a fact that I love.  Without them, my wedding would not be possible. I am sure I would have found budget friendly vendors in Boston as well, if I was faced with that dilemma, but I know for a fact, I would have had to compromise and sacrifice even more.  I would not be having the wedding I am having now, not without some kind of miracle.

No comments: