Friday, September 5, 2014

Baby Akeem's Circus Theme First Birthday Party

On Saturday, August 30, 2014, we had a birthday party in honor of our little munchkin turning 1 year old.  It was a circus/carnival themed party and boy did I have a ton of fun planning it.  It was all in the details and I loved how everything turned out: from the decor, to the food, to the "extras".  Also, gotta love that it was on budget.  Without further adieu, from start to finish, here are pics of the (very special) day.

The party was held at a local community hall inside a park

The decorations



mock photo booth and props

The games: knock down the pins, ring toss, pin the nose on the clown:  kids had a blast with these games

Centerpieces: fun carnival theme (plastic popcorn containers with circus foam cutouts, pipe cleaners, tissue paper, a balloon, and photos of the birthday boy.)  I used floral foam to hanker it all with bamboo skewers and some candy inside to give weight to the containers.  Then as added decor, a few animal toys, clown hats and peanuts to play on the circus theme.

Banner I made

more centerpieces

The sweet treats table: banner I made (happy birthday personalized banner with construction paper and free circus printout letters off the internet)

The cake (amazing... purchased at Pricemart for a mere $12).  Mini personalized cake topper banner I made.

Cupcakes (48 made the night before), with photo cupcake toppers I made.  And a book about the circus

Gifts and goody bags plus banners I made

another centerpiece

Pinata.. bought at a party store but personalized by me

The moonbounce/bouncy house... can't have a circus party without one.  It was a big hit with the kids.

Setting up the food.  Corn dogs, nachos (and cheese) and popcorn (the bags were decorated by me)

The sweets and treats all set up: cupcakes, cake, candy (jelly beans, gum drops, gummy bears, lolipops) and chocolate covered cookies, cookie pops, cookie truffle balls, pretzels and marshmallows (the ones not covered with chocolate were thank you favors for the adults).

The decor over the food table  The carnival signs for games, food and fun.  The streamers and the banner.  Plus the fruit platter.







8 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Rina! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer my question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1 AT gmail DOT com :-) I greatly appreciate it!

Rina said...

Hi Heather... sure, what is the question i would love to answer.

Unknown said...

Good place..
Themes For Kids Birthday Parties

Unknown said...

Good place..
Themes For Kids Birthday Parties

Unknown said...

Good place..
Themes For Kids Birthday Parties

Unknown said...

Good place..
Themes For Kids Birthday Parties

mackyton said...

Wow! This kid is so cute. He had a picture perfect first birthday party. Thanks a ton for sharing these photographs. For my son’s birthday, will love to host a grand party at one of best event venue. Eagerly waiting for his birthday.

Rina said...

Thank you mackyton. Hope your little one had a great party and birthday