Friday, March 18, 2016

Dealing With Lice!!!

Just the word alone makes my skin crawl.  Those tiny, gross, parasitic creatures that live in your hair and suck the blood from your scalp.  Yes... I am dealing with LICE!!!

Not me, but my kids... no, kid.  This is the second year in a row I have had to deal with those damn bugs.  Gross, I know.  But it's definitely not my fault and I am pissed.

I have been a mother for almost 16 years and I had to deal with lice for the first time last year, when my middle son came home from school with a head full.  I freaked out, of course (naturally), then got to work.  I google searched everything I needed to know about lice and how to get rid of them.  I had no idea how to deal with those disgusting creatures if not for the internet.  Everyone has a quick home remedy that's supposed to cure lice, but diligent research is key to knowing how to deal with the bugs.

After last year's incident, I did not want to have to deal with lice ever again.  But alas, life is not so easy.  I blame the school.  Or more truthfully, I blame the mom who sent her kid to school with lice.  Why don't these parents take better care of their kids.  Every single year since my kids have been at this school, there has been a notice (or two or three) about a lice outbreak.  Is it me or does it seem like the school has a hygiene issue.  I know the school can't check every head of every child so I know it's not technically their fault, but it still makes me mad that I have to send my kids to a school that seems to have a lice problem EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

So when my son came home today with lice AGAIN, I got to work (after freaking out first, again, naturally).  I was not going to have an outbreak in MY house.  Thankfully he won't have to go back to school next week as all the schools are closed for Easter break.  But I will be making sure that he does not come home with lice again.  And I'm taking measures to make sure of that.  I just hope it works.

No comments: