Friday, March 11, 2016

Feeling Hopeful

Everyone looks forward to positive changes at the start of every new year and for us, it's no different. We look forward to great things happening to our family and to us as individuals.  We look forward to achieving our personal goals and goals we set for our family.   For me, it's always being a better person (mom, wife, friend) and helping to make my family and home life run smoother, better and more efficient without feeling stressed out.  It's also accomplishing goals I set for myself, like being a healthier version of myself in every way: mental and physical.  And helping our family on the right path to financial freedom.

My husband recently (or not so recently) started his own business (his third attempt).  A startup business or company takes time, effort, MONEY!  And most of all dedication.  He is determined this time to make it work.  There are so many factors riding on the success of any business and you have to accept everything that comes with becoming a business owner.  Getting started can be a pain in the rear and keeping a small business going can be an even bigger pain in the rear.  But if you succeed, the pay off is immeasurable.

Pure Life TV is the brainchild of my hubby and it seems to be on the right track to success.  Already, the business has done great things.  First of all, let me tell you what it is.  Pure Life TV is all things Costa Rica.  It's events, concerts, activities, gatherings, artist interviews, etc.  Any event of importance that happens in Costa Rica, Pure Life TV wants to be there... and so far they have (for the most part).

What it is mostly is a videography business, where the camera crew (my husband and about 2 other people, both volunteers who want to get in on the ground up and grow with the company) film important events around Costa Rica.  Events like The Kymani Marley concert in Puerto Viejo.  The Elephant Man concert at Peppers Club.  The MMA Fight at UACA University.  And it's not just concerts or sponsored events; baby showers, sweet 15, weddings; Pure Life TV does it all.

So why do I feel so hopeful?  Because I feel like this is the year for Pure Life Tv.  In a short amount of time, my husband has not only managed to start a business and secure a helping crew; he has also made a lot of really important contacts in the industry he's trying to break into.  He's made a lot of important and powerful allies: DJ Herbalist (one of the top DJs in Costa Rica), Artist Jahricio, The owners of Peppers Club and The hard Rock cafe, and many others.  And this didn't happen because he had the money to get in the door, this happened because he had the drive and the talent to make it happen.

So bottom line:  Make 2016 your year.  Go after your dreams.  Why wait?  There will be no tomorrow,  it's all about today.  My husband has made me realize that, so starting today, I will be trying to go after my dreams.  Wish me luck.

No comments: