Thursday, January 5, 2017

Another Getaway

To be truly honest, we needed another vacation from our last vacation.  As nice as Tamarindo was, it was not as much fun as I had hoped traveling with my extended family.  So to make up for our last family vacation, we decided to book a last minute getaway to one of our favorite places to vacation: Puerto Viejo Costa Rica, as a special treat for hubby's 35th birthday.

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself.  We leave tomorrow and tomorrow can't come soon enough.  Now, I do have high hopes that this little getaway will make up for our vacation in Guanacaste even though I don't usually have high expectations when I go to the beach.  I just want to get away for a few days, relax and enjoy some time with family where I don't have to stress about what's for dinner, laundry or housekeeping.  I get to just BE.  And that is all I want on this trip...to just relax and BE!

Without my extended family with us, it will be a little easier to enjoy ourselves as we won't have to constantly make sure everyone is happy.   All we have to do is just worry about ourselves and we love a beach retreat no matter how simple it is.  My little sister will be tagging along as she does not go back to the states until the 12th of January, but I think she'll appreciate 2 days away.

Tonight I have to pack, but since it's only for the weekend, I'll be packing light.  We booked 2 rooms at Cariblue Hotel and Resort which makes me super happy because it's one of the many places we've been wanting to stay at in Puerto Viejo.  Cariblue is located a few miles from the main town in Cocles and buffet breakfast is included...YUM!

Are we feeling a little spoiled?  A little!  We never get to enjoy life like this:  2 beach vacations within weeks of each other.  I'd say we are feeling pretty lucky, indeed.

No comments: