Saturday, April 22, 2017

Our Car Is Ready!!

We got the call yesterday and it was very good news.  A lot sooner than expected, our vehicle is fixed and all ready for pickup.  This news comes just in time as we are gearing up to celebrate my daughter's birthday next weekend and without a car, that would have proved to be a little difficult.

I can finally have my freedom back.  Being able to just get up and go and not having to ask permission is going to be a nice change from the last few weeks.  Honestly, it's not like I've been driving around in my own car from the start to feel like the last 4 weeks were torture.  I had been a public bus rider and at the mercy of others when it came to car rides for the last 10 plus years.  It was just a nice and welcome change for me once I was able to drive again and have a car to do so.

I am a little bit on the nervous side now, as far as making sure this never happens to us again.  Yes, accidents happen.  You can't really prevent an accident, can you?  Can YOU?  Maybe, but they are called accidents for a reason.  They just happen and when you least expect them.  I just hope we can keep ourselves from getting into such a predicament again and be a little more careful.  After all, this is our one and only family car, our sole source of transportation.  And it's a brand new car too, so no more f*ups!

I will do my part to keep the car running in tip top shape.  I just hope hubby does his,  It has really been a  struggle not having a car and it's a struggle we know all too well.  We've been seriously blessed with my mother in law letting us use her car occasionally.  But I don't want to be at the mercy of someone else all the time.  When her car isn't available, it puts us at a disadvantage.  And although it really cannot be seen as a necessity for living, having a car just makes life easier, especially if you are a busy on the go parent.  Now, while it would be nice to have 2 vehicles at our disposal so that when one car is indisposed at least we have another to carry us around, that is not our reality.  One car families are pretty common in Costa Rica and you praise what you have because there are so many others without.

With all that said, this time next week we will have our car back and I could not be any happier.

No comments: