Friday, April 7, 2017

17 Again

Feeling like a 17 year old again after my oldest celebrated his 17th birthday.  He is coming to the end of his childhood and about to enter the adult world and it is really making me reminisce about my teenage years and what it was like to be 17 again.

My 17th year of life was a good year.  I was at my prime; school was my whole world and I had very little in life to worry about.  It was a good time to look back on. I made a name for myself as a junior in high school and established my reign.  I was a leader, a natural born go getter who loved being the center of attention.  I was starting my first year as captain of the cheerleading squad and president of the junior class.  I was on top of the world.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, my son's life is a far cry from my own.  As he begins his 17th year, he is shy and very much an introvert when it comes to not wanting too much attention focused on him.  But he's a good kid and not living a teenage life similar to mine is just fine... he is his own person.  But it's interesting for my husband and I to compare and contrast our lives as 17 year olds back in the old days to our son's new generation teen years.  What a difference 20 years makes.

Happy Birthday 17 year old

No comments: