Saturday, March 16, 2019

Making The Most Of A Sad Situation

I attended my grandmother's funeral and it was as I expected it would be, devastating. I had the most difficult time saying goodbye and coming to terms with her death.  But life goes on and I can now try to move on and come to peace with the reality of the situation. My grandmother is gone but hopefully, in a better place, watching over us in the afterlife. 

Although my trip to Boston was for a despondent reason, I was able to make the most of my super quick trip.  I arrived in Boston on Wednesday night, March 6th and was back home in Costa Rica by 12:30pm Saturday, March 9th.  Although I only had 2 days, I was able to enjoy time with family before, at and after the funeral.  I was able to see family I had not seen in about 30 years or more and reminisce with family friends that had known me from infancy. 

To make the most of my time, I took one entire day for shopping, where I hit up the Dollar Tree, Target and Price-right (a local supermarket).  I even had dinner at P F Changs, where I got to spend quality time with my older sister.  It was an amazing trip, despite the circumstance.  And I brought back a lot of super yummy goodies, including my beloved Dunkin Donuts, Cheezeits and Funyuns.  But as amazing as my time was in Boston, I was ready to get back home to my family and warmer weather. 

No comments: