Saturday, April 11, 2020

A Very "Same" Easter

I've heard alot of people say that this Easter will be very different due to the worldwide Corona Virus pandemic. Most won't get the opportunity to celebrate with their extended families this year.  There won't be any organized egg hunts for the kids, hosted by churches or cities.  And the most devasting change for most families will be the fact that they won't be able to attend Easter church services.  It will be a huge change for many people for sure.

As for us, Easter will pretty much be the same.  We always celebrate Easter with just us, my family of six.  I make the day memorable with a special brunch and a yummy dinner.  I have always organized an egg hunt for the kids at home every year.  And we never go to church.  Same old Easter.  I can sympathize with families that will be affected this holiday with the huge change but for me and my family, I am thankful not much has changed.

I was very happy to have finished my Easter baskets back in the beginning of March before the quarantine and everything shut down.  For once, it surely paid off to be ahead of the game and prepared. So as Easter approaches, I am super thankful to be able to celebrate yet another holiday with my family in much the same way as we always have. And my heart goes out to families who are truly mourning the loss of their traditional celebrations.

No comments: