Monday, April 27, 2020

Making The Most Of A Sad Situation

The situation we are currently dealing with at hand is sad, in so many ways.  Without getting into the nitty gritty details, lets just say that my own situation could be worse and for that, I am thankful.  But we are all dealing with this issue, albeit in different ways.

One sad situation that has nothing really to do with the pandemic is my kitchen remodel, which has been put on hold for the time being due to financial and economic reasons. We will re-visit this situation in the near furture and hopefully I will have some better news at that time.

What I really want to talk about is the situation that directly relates to this Coronavirus issue and that is the recent celebration of my daughters 13th birthday in quarantine.  Although it was not ideal, we made the most of the day and it was memorable despite the fact that we are stuck at home.  I am not sure what we would have done to celebrate her big day if life was normal and we had options.  Would I have had a huge party? Probably not. But we would have done something fun and extra special to mark her entry into her teenage years.  As the saying goes, it is what it. And we celebrated at home with just the six of us.

I tried to make it not just another ordinary day however, and I did put up a few decorative accents.  Minimal as it were, it was something to mark that April 26th was not just another day, it was my daughter's birthday.  She baked a cake and we ordered pizza, fries, a wrap, some indian food and there were snacks and treats galore.  It might not have been the celebration of the year but it was a special celebration none the less.

No comments: