Wednesday, July 8, 2020

I Finally Just Did It

I've been wishing for it and talking about it for sometime now and a few days ago, I finally just went ahead and did it.  I booked a little mini vacation! It's been on my mind for a few months now and because of the quarantine situation, we were locked down and prevented from going anywhere.  Planning a vacation was out of the question.  But my heart longed for the beach and ocean waves and some time away from the real world.

Once hotels were alowed to open back up, I decided to reserve a hotel close to home but at the beach, a way to get away without being too far away.  Did that make sense? I wanted the beach life but with the convenience of being just a short driving distance from the comforts and safety of home.  So we are going back to Jaco for the second year in a row. Last year this time, we went to Jaco as a backup to our initial beach vacation and it turned out to be an amazing trip. I have no expectatations of this upcoming trip as I know things will be different.  For starters, we know the beach is officially closed. And we know about the whole social distancing protocols and obligatory masks. But we plan to make it a memorable trip regardless.

Vacation means time to relax and rest. Its a time to actualy BE with family without all the distractions we have when we're home. It's a wonderful time and I know we will make the best of it.  We booked a quaint little condo style apartment so that we still have the feel of a home away from home plus there is a pool which is always a bonus.  And since beaches are closed, having access to a pool was a must. To be honest, I am just thrilled we got to plan a family trip with everything going on and I am ectatstic to be at the beach on vacation with my hubby and our kids.




No comments: