Monday, March 22, 2021

It's Officially Birthday Season

 This time of year I look forward to a lot. March to June marks not only a season of change but the time of year where I gear up for a few celebrations, starting with my oldest son's birthday.

This year, my first born will be 21 years old and officially a man in his own right. Although still a boy in so many ways, I realize his youthful, carefree days are are numbered and soon will come to end. He will eventually venture into the world of true adulthood. I look forward to that day but for now I just want to relish in the fact that my oldest boy still lives at home, taking college classes and playing video games with nary too a worry in this world. Keep them young for as long as you can because life is hard but love conquers all.

I want to celebrate him and his life and be thankful that no matter how old he gets or where life takes him, he will forever be my little boy. My first born miracle. My oldest son.

No comments: