Tuesday, March 30, 2021

The 21st Birthday

 My son is officially 21 years old. That's so crazy for me to say and so surreal. I am the mother of a 21 year old. 

To make sure that my son had the most memorable 21st birthday possible, I wanted to do something huge and spectacular to mark the occasion. 

However, my son  is very laid back and doesn't like much attention so we compromised. I got to make his birthday special albeit on a smaller scale and he got the birthday celebration he wanted, a casual and fun afternoon with friends. It was a day filled with great company, good conversation , delicious food, and a few competitive laps of go kart racing.

My hope is that when he looks back on his 21st birthday a year from now or even 5 to 10 years from now, he will remember the day as one of the best days of his life.











No comments: