Saturday, August 6, 2022

Party Prep Done!

 It's August which means my baby boy will be turning 9 years old on the 29th. In the past, party prep would take me weeks and a lot of time devoted to shopping and DIYs. I would spend days preparing goody bags, a menu and all the decor. But it was what I enjoyed doing so I did it for my kids.

As my kids get older, party prep  has gotten less involved and way less stressful. And that is because I now have someone else host the parties for me.

Having a ready made party is super easy. You pay a premium but everything is taken care of for you; the venue, the activities and games, the food for the most part and you even get a host that is in charge of basically everything. You, as the parent, just sit back and enjoy the day.

These parties are pricey however, so they take a bit more financial planning. And they're super impersonal. All the fun of DIY that I enjoy while planning a party is virtually non existent at a ready made party. But, it's what my kid prefers at this stage of life. And while he still wants a party, I'll give him what he wants. 

And like I said, it's less work. I pay the price and everything is done for me. All I have to do is invite the guests, pick a menu and show up. It could not get any easier than that.



No comments: