Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Kids Are Heathens!!!

Once upon a time, one of the only times I could expect my two little (former) angels to be on their best behavior was when I took them out someplace.

Once we were out and about, my kids were so well behaved, I dreaded going back home. They loved being out and I loved taking them out and as my reward, they were good in public.

That's all changed now. Wanna hear a 'funny' story to prove my point? The other day I had a mountain of errands to run. Instead of dropping them off at home first, I had to drag them along. Back in the day, that would have been a good idea. Not that day. At the supermarket, they really put me to shame.

They ran all over the store. They wanted in and out of the cart. Fatty was biting everything I placed in the cart... the bag of salt, the bag of tortillas, the bag of cleaning liquid. *Ugh*!

He actually stuck his finger in one of the eggs through the plastic wrapper and BROKE it! I still had to buy the package of 15 eggs with one broken egg just because it would have been wrong to put it back after the fact.

Princess cried for EVERYTHING. She wanted everything.

Her and Fatty were crawling on the floor all over the supermarket. And while I was busy getting groceries, they both hijacked the shopping cart and ran it into a shelf piled high with chocolates. Chocolates went everywhere. I spent a good 10 minutes cleaning that mess up. And of course Princess comes running to me to tell me that Fatty did it! It's always Fatty's fault.

They left my side 3 times. I had to abandon my cart each time to run after them, once outside where they decided to go just so they could ride one of those little electronic buggy's. OMG! It was the single most stressful supermarket trip I have ever had.

And that is just how they've been recently. I can't expect good behavior in public anymore.

I could feel the eyes boring into me and on my heathen children. But I refused to hang my head in shame. As part of motherhood, you learn to adapt and deal.

One day, Princess slapped me in my face in front of one of Boobie's teachers, all because the teacher was trying to talk to her. And she did not like the attention or the fact that I was talking to the teacher, so she lashed out.

She clings to my leg in public when people try to talk to her. She gets super feisty and just uncontrollable when attention is on her and then she takes it out on me.

Fatty, my always tranquil, always super friendly child has become a wild one. I had no idea he had it in him.

I don't remember Boobie being this uncontrollable at this age. Then again, I only had one kid then. Not 2 little ones... 2 toddlers at that. One kid is manageable. Two kids are just plain tiring.

I have a long couple of years ahead of me.

What to do. What to do?

No comments: