Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Registry

One of the best parts about getting married is registering for gifts.  I hate to say it, but it is.  At first, I was against it and so was hubby.  We didn't feel right registering for the wedding because of a few factors: for one thing, Hubby and I have been together for so long already.  We already have a house for another.  And third, it feels wrong asking people for stuff.  I know a registry is just a suggestion, but it is what it is.  You register for gifts you want people to buy you.  You are basically telling people what to get you and where.  

After talking it over with my bridesmaid, who convinced me I should register for the bridal shower at least, I convinced Hubby to accompany me to Yamuni to open a wedding registry. I went to Yamuni with mother-in-law to get material to make a dress and happened to ask about their registry.  I made an appointment on the spot and waited with anticipation for the day to come.

On the day of our appointment, we arrived right on time and was greeted and attended to right away (I guess they were expecting us).  We were interviewed, filled out a form and then we were off.  I was expecting to be handed the scanner and be left to ourselves, but instead we were followed around by a sales associate.  She handled the scanner (and the computer which she pushed along to enter the data into the system.)  Each time we saw an item we liked, we handed it over to the sales associate so she could scan it.  It took a longer time than I had expected (2 full hours)... and she did slow us down some, but she was also very helpful.  Any questions we had, she answered..  And she was not at all pushy (when another sales associate took over halfway through, she was just as pleasant.)   I have to say, overall the experience was a good one.  I am so excited now (for all those gifts) LOL.

On a side note, we made another appointment to open another registry at another store, Cemaco.  But at the last minute, decided against it.  So many factors were involved, but in the end, I think having 1 registry is enough.  I don't expect much from it, but it was a fun thing to do in preparation for the wedding.


No comments: