Saturday, May 12, 2012

Wedding Nightmare

I guess it's bound to happen to every bride before her wedding day: the dreaded wedding day nightmare where everything that you think could go wrong does.  Thankfully it's only a dream (for most) but it still left me shaking when I woke up.

This is the second wedding day nightmare I have had.  But this was the worst.  So lets see if I can recount the dream:

On the day OF the wedding, an hour before start time, nothing was done.  We were still setting up while guests were arriving. I was embarrassed because I had told guests to arrive on time and yet I was the one that was late.

The bridesmaids hadn't gotten their dresses so the day OF the wedding, my lovely mother in law was sewing dresses for all the bride-maids. Also, we had no makeup or hairstylist so at 3:08 (yes, that was the time in my dream), I decided to go off and look for a makeup artist and hairstylist to come to my house to prettify my bridesmaids.  ON a SUNDAY.  I was out doing this because my maid of honor was MIA!

I trekked to many salons and no one could help.  It was literally a nightmare.  Also, we didn't have our rings so nothing to exchange after saying our I do's, so I stopped at a jewelry shop to look at rings.  This whole time, I was supposed to be getting married.  But instead, I looked a hot mess (well at least my hair was flat ironed).  I had no dress (yeah the seamstress didn't do any of the alterations) and we had no shoes. It was literally the worst wedding ever.  Not sure if I found a makeup artist or if I got my dress or if any of the catastrophes got fixed as I woke up thankful that it was only a dream.

No comments: