Saturday, December 8, 2012

Vendor Review

Soon I'll have to post pictures.... but I wanted to review my vendors first.  I had amazing vendors.  And all are budget friendly.  They truly went above and beyond to make my day amazing and a simple thank you just does not seem enough.

GloboFiesta Catering: http://serviciosglobofiesta.com/site/

I cannot say enough good things about Alejandro and Salvador.  What an amazing company and team.  As I blogged before, Salvador was the one who sought me out and along with his boss, Alejandro, was willing to work with me and my budget to give me what I wanted in a price that was accommodating to my wallet.  The food was top notch, the service was amazing and the waitstaff so friendly, I got comments from guests about how much they loved everything.  I can't wait to use this company again one day soon. A++

Maria Selva Flortisteria: www.conocerempresascr.com

The very first vendor I booked turned out to be my best vendor experience.  She not only worked with my budget but even gave me more than I asked for.  She went above and beyond to make sure the bouquets  bouts and centerpieces looked amazing.  When I met with her, I gave her my budget, which was already pretty low.  But when I told her what I wanted included in that budget, she was more than willing to make it work.  The centerpieces were more than what I expected or could have dreamed about.  She was even willing to change around a few last minute details so I could get her to not only set up the centerpieces for me, but to deliver them as well.  Amazing person, amazing vendor. A+++

Transportation: Jorge Hernandez

A last minute addition to the budget, I am so glad I was able to squeeze this in: it allowed us to provide a  ride for our guests that needed one to the ceremony and reception.  The bus was spacious, airy and very comfortable and guests appreciated the thought and gesture.  And for the price, I won't complain.  I do wish they had decided to provide transportation in the price from the reception for guest who needed a ride home, but se la vie.  A

Pasteleria La Familia Bakery

As a local family owned bakery, I didn't expect much from this vendor: just a decent tasting 4 tiered cake with simple decor.  But the owner went above for me and actually delivered and set up the cake at the reception for me at o additional charge: now that is how you get repeat business.  I saw the cake for the first time at the reception and was very happy with the result.  The actual cake was pretty good too, although a little on the drier side so not as moist as the one I tasted. Guests indulged though and I heard no complaints. For all his hard work I was very happy with the outcome.  A

Foto Digital Madrigal

Can I review a vendor even before I see their finished product.  I have yet to hear from my photographer, after he told me he would contact me just 3 days after the wedding.  I have not had an email or a phone call and I still have to pay $60 (not paid until I get my pictures).  I have been waiting and waiting and even sent an email but have not gotten a response.  I figure they are busy and it does take some time to  print and edit pictures to a professional standard.  So I wait.  However, I will review the photographer's actual service, which was outstanding.  He showed up on time (early actually) and needed no direction.  He got right to work taking detail shots, candid shots and a few posed shots as well.  He was quick and efficient,  a true professional and took any pictures I wanted.  I didn't even notice him during the ceremony until after the I do's.  And at the reception, he got right to work with the formal shots.  His ideas were funny and cute and sweet and I know the shots he got will look great.  Also, before he left, he let us know he had gotten all the shots he needed but wanted to make sure we were Ok with that or if he should stay some more. I hope we did get a lot of pictures.  A for service.

Eventos Don Carias: ineventos.com

The space alone speaks for itself but the owner stepping in to lend us a helping hand was unexpected.  Everyone loved the space.  So looking forward to renting this space again.  A+++

Eventos San Antonio: ineventos.com

Again, the space alone speaks for itself.  People were literally blown away.  The massively high ceilings and huge columns lend it to something out of a magazine.  There was more than enough space for diners and dancers alike; did not feel cramped at all.  The owner was pretty stand-offish and allowed us to do our thing. Even letting us get in a little earlier than usual to decorate. I would rent this space again.  On a side note, I was a little miffed when I went to make my final payment as I found out that indeed, kids under 5 would have to pay if I was getting them their own seat, a very important detail I was not informed off.  It worked out in the end but the extra dough I had hoped for went right back into the budget.   A+++

Discomovil Energia: ineventos.com

What can I say about our DJ. Well, he did his job and people had fun.  BUT he was a little bit of a disappointment because he did not follow my dance hall song list.  He played typical music that typical Costa Ricans love but I wanted more of a dance hall club feel and he didn't deliver...not until my brother went in to lend a helping hand did he get it right.  He also did not take directions well at the actual reception; for instance, when it was time for dinner, it took his assistant a long time to start the dinner music playlist.  I had to tell him many times to do this as he kept playing dance music.  But he got the entrance song, the first dance and the cake cutting songs correct.  And when it came time for the dollar dance and bouquet and garter tosses, I just went in and did my thing so he could follow my lead. C

Officiant: Alberto Poveda

I have to be thankful for this guy.  He stepped in at the eleventh hour to the rescue me after my original officiant bailed... thankfully she found him as my replacement and he did his job.  He was very helpful in showing up to the rehearsal and allowing us to sign the documents there instead of at the actual ceremony. He seemed to take directions well and was willing to let us do anything we wanted to personalize our ceremony to our liking.  He was also very detailed and gave me a list of everything I would need and was very communicative by email before the wedding.  On the actual wedding day though, he seemed very nervous (like it was his first time officiating an actual wedding) and I had to cue my family for various portions of hte ceremony, like the reading, candle lighting and ring blessing.  He did his job though, keeping the ceremony short and just as sweet.  B

Staioner: Calle La Margura

We did all our own stationary and had everything printed up at a local print shop (with the exception of the programs) in this infamous area in San Pedro.  With a plethora of look alike shops offering similar services, this one stood out.  They had everything printed up the same day for us.  And when they ran out of our preferred paper, they went looking for more, saving the day when they found some right in house. A

Wedding Planner

I did not have an actual wedding planner but I did have a day of helper/coordinator.  Hubby's cousin gave me one the best gifts ever by agreeing to be my wedding helper for free.  And she did an amazing job too.  She isn't a professional by any means but she did a damn good job and saved me $300 bones. She kept everyone organized, kept track of my personal belongings, got the processional started and helped clean up the ceremony site.  She was even on hand at the reception,  in between enjoying her time as a guest, for anything I needed.  She and I are actually thinking of going into business together... we're that good. A+++

Yakira Hair Salon: Guadalupe

I LOVED my hair and makeup trial but hated the price.  I was not as happy with my hair and makeup on wedding day.  Don't get me wrong, I looked great.  But it was definitely not the same.  Maybe it's  because the person who did my hair and makeup at the trial (owner Yakira) did not do my hair and makeup on the big day.  But I was happy with how quickly I was done.  And in the end, I was still a smoking hot bride.  Also, I got my nails and pedicure done at the same salon and was hugely disappointed.  The nails took all day to dry which meant they got messed up by the end of the night the night before.  Luckily, they were fixed the day off but they still weren't what I was expecting.  I will never have my nails done at Yakira's again... the style they use and the product they use is not something I would recommend   I have had my nails look 1000 times better on a regular day than they did for my wedding. C

Onix Ropperia (Grooms outfit)

This store saved the day in a BIG way  After hubby's suit fail, this store was able to work with him on super short notice to find his suit, shoes, shirt, belt and a jeweled color in the blue that matched the wedding color. They also gave him a really good price and allowed us to pay for the suit and pay only a portion for everything else, giving him time to pay the rest at a later date.  Hubby was stunningly handsome at the wedding.  With a quick alterations to the pants the day we bought them, the suit fit perfectly.  On a minor note: I accidentally threw away the jeweled collar and so he never got to wear it the day of the wedding. A

Clinica Ropa Nani

The lady who outfitted me and my bridal party gets 2 grades (one for the girls and one for the guys).  For my dress, she gets an A (I LOVE my dress).  It was tulle perfection and I felt like a princess.  However, she didn't alter the dress like she was supposed to so it was a little big (however, that is mainly my fault for losing so much weight).  For the bridesmaids dresses, she gets an A.  The dresses were all gorgeous and all my maids look beautiful.  However, she failed to take in 2 dresses, after being repeatedly told to do so.  Oversight on her part maybe... she was super rushed after my sisters fittings.  But for my bridesmaid C's dress, she had a few weeks to handle that alteration and still didn't do her job.  As for hubby's suit fail... well, FAIL!  And I still had to pay for it. She also made an extra bridesmaids dress (which is why I had to spend more money on material s for the vests.. BIG oops).  I am not sure if all the stress of my wedding got to her. Also, all the groomsmen's vests were tight.  She really dropped the ball.  She gets an A for the girls and a D for the guys.  Overall grade C-

Registry List: Yamuni

Oh, the troubles I went through with this store.  Very accommodating but I had complaints from guests on multiple occasions about my list not being updated and the store people not being helpful.  They finally got it right after my third trip but it was just unnecessary time I had to take to fix an issue they should have dealt with on their own.  I like all the selection they have though and the varying prices for items.  B

Aquileres Everest: napkins and chair covers

I am glad I took hubby's advice and rented chair covers.  It brought the whole look together and made the reception that much more elegant.  Napkins was something I decided to rent at the very last minute and I am glad I did; I just did not think paper napkins would have given me the right look I was after.  The white cloth napkins brought the decor up to a standard that was pure elegance, worthy of a magazine spread.  The whole room was so refined and beautiful and I know without the chair covers, it would not have looked so wonderful.  The all white chair covers, white table linens and napkins made the blue and silver table squares pop. A

Esthetician:

I had my facial and massage done by a friend (I am guessing since I got the number from her) of my hair and makeup lady.  The facial was relaxing and worked wonders for my skin and the massage was just what I needed right before the wedding.  Also, the lady is super nice to boot.  A




No comments: