Friday, March 23, 2018

I Have This Feeling

I have a sneaky feeling that Spring break will fly by and we'll have nothing to show for it, except maybe a few late mornings and even later nights, afternoons spent on the PS4 and lots and lots of watching TV shows and movies. 

I want to plan to DO things, like taking the kids to the park and the museum.  Taking them to Chuck e Cheese for the very first time.  Maybe even a day trip to the beach for some RandR.  But I don't know if we'll get to do any of those things.  The park maybe.  Chuck e Cheese is a strong possibility.  The beach, probably not.  And I think we're kind of over the museum for a while. 

It's nice to have plans, especially fun things to do when the kids are on break from school.  But it's so much easier to just stay at home, lounge all day and do absolutely nothing.  Does that make me a bad mom?  Depends on who you ask.  My kids are happy just being home.  They love going out and having fun too but if we don't, it's not the end of the world (hopefully). 

I'll probably make plans to take them someplace fun and if the weather is nice, we will more than likely spend a lot of time outside playing. Kids sometimes just need to be kids and enjoy their childhood too and nothing says childhood more than a regular day outdoors kicking the ball about and just playing. That's all they really need.  Not fancy expensive day trips. 

So, like I said, I have a sneaky feeling Spring break will be spent mainly at home, doing a lot of nothing.  And we're all fine with that.

No comments: