Monday, March 12, 2018

Getting All The Things

I will be the first to admit that I have a bit of a problem when it comes to shopping.  I don't have a shopping problem necessarily but I do have to be conscious of how much I spend and reign myself in at times with how many things I buy, especially when it comes to the kids and holidays.

Easter is coming up and with it, Easter baskets and Easter eggs.  Baskets need to be filled, eggs need to be filled, so on and so forth.  I, personally,  like to keep Easter simple but lets face it, I have a hard time simplifying any 'major' holiday.  I do try though so this year, I went for a more minimal approach when it came to the kids Easter baskets and the filler items that go in them. 

I also like to keep holidays budget friendly because I do love a good deal.  But even when I find items on a budget, buying a lot of those more affordable items can add up.  I have to remind myself that it is only Easter, not their birthday or Christmas, so there is no need for me to bombard my children with more stuff they don't need. 

So Easter this year will be simplified as much as I can simplify the holiday without taking away everything that I love.  I still want the holidays to be special because kids are young only once for such a short amount of time and I like to take advantage of that.  I like to make sure that Easter baskets are fun and exciting but not be too overwhelming.  So for 2018, I made sure to get a few fun items I know the kids will love along with a few practical items as well.  That mixed with just a small amount of fun treats, like a chocolate bunny and some jelly beans and Easter baskets are ready to be searched out and found on Easter Sunday.

No comments: