Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Time For Expositions

How do you teach a 4 year old to do a presentation in front of their entire class?  I had the hardest time with this very question.  My preschooler was given an animal to 'research', the goat.  He had to do a short presentation in front of his class, explaining everything he had learned about his animal to his classmates.  All the kids had to do one and each child got a different animal. 

We did our research on the goat and tried to keep it simple and short.  They are 4 year olds after all, not a very long attention span nor do they have the capacity to explain fine details.  I kept it to just a few fun facts my 4 year old could 'explain' to his class and a few objects he could present, like show and tell.  I found a goat among our many toy animals and printed off a picture of the goat, showcasing the importance of this particular animal in our lives.  I practiced a few times with my preschooler, going over basics, like where goats live and what they eat.  And according to his teacher, my 4 year old did an amazing job with his presentation.  I only wish I could have seen it first hand.



No comments: