Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Traveling To Boston

When the opportunity arose for me to travel to Boston, at first I was hesitant due to the fact that I hate to fly, I knew if I went I would want to make the most of it.   My grandmother was turning 90 years old and family from all over the United States would be in Boston for her birthday party.  I was nervous but also extremely excited and I could not wait to finally set foot in Boston after 12 years being away.

Boston is a wonderful place.  It holds a very special place in my heart.  It's the place I grew up, where I went to school, the city I met my husband and had my first son.  It's my home.  I guess it's now my home away from home as Costa Rica has officially become my home.  But Boston will always be my number one.

The main reason for being in Boston was for my grandmother's party and being around family I hadn't seen in over 12 years and also family members I had never met.  The party was the main event but I had other plans as well.  Boston is a city filled with history and beauty, good food and a lot of fun.  And then there is the shopping.  I think more than anything, I am excited about the shopping.  Target, Trader Joe's, TJ Maxx just to name a few.  It's the place to be to shop 'til you drop and I will be shopping until it's time for me to go home. 

No comments: