Tuesday, February 26, 2019

The Pinterest Trend

You know how you get sucked into trying to make everything you do perfect?  Where you try to outshine everyone else by doing extra?  Trying to keep up with the Joneses?  Well, now that's called the Pinterest trap.  Everywhere you look these days, especially on the internet, everything seems to be so pinterest perfect and we have all fallen into the trap once or twice or maybe a 100 times.

When I start party planning for one of my kids' birthday parties, one of the first places I look, and maybe the only place, is the internet.  And what I find can be mind blowing.  The Pinterest world is filled with amazing, unique and fun ideas for every occasion.  From party decor ideas to kinds of food to serve at gatherings to even how to spruce up your home for any holiday season, Pinterest is the place to go for some of the best ideas for whatever your heart fancies.  Need ideas on how to decorate a bookshelf, Pinterest.  Need ideas on how to decorate for a specific themed kid's party, Pinterest. Need fun food ideas, Pinterest.  The ideas are endless!

But there is a trap.  You can get sucked into trying to do it all, which can lead you to go Pinterest crazy which is never a good thing.  Going overboard with any event or occasion can lead to stress.  So I have learned my lesson.  I still go on Pinterest (although I have yet to create an account) but I try to limit myself to just a few fun, cool ideas.  Trying not to recreate everything you see on Pinterest can be hard but keeping it minimal is good for my stress level and sanity. 

This year, I'll have three parties to plan for and yes, I will be using Pinterest for the plethora of ideas the site has to offer.  But I wont go mad trying to copy every single idea I can find.  I will stick to the ones that I think are best suitable to me and my planning and decor style and call it a a day.  So Pinterest Planning, here I come.


No comments: