Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Our Samara Beach Vacation

What can I say about our Samara Beach vacation except that it was epic and what made this vacation so amazing wasn't what we did so much as who were with and what we ate.  We had th emost amazing time trying new restaurants and eating new foods.  And being with family and friends made the vacation all the more fun.

In all honesty, this vacation could have been a fail if it weren't for one last minute change I felt I just had to make.  See, when I initially booked our Samara vacation, I reserved at a hotel called Entre Dos Aguas.  We had never stayed at this particular hotel before but it was pretty affordable and since we were paying for so many people on this trip, I thought I might try and save some coins.  However, I was never totally happy with my hotel choice and was having major regrets.  First off, the hotel did not include breakfast.  And second, the hotel had no air conditioning.  These are usually major factors in my decision when looking for hotels but something I decided I could overlook for the right price. In the back of my mind though, I was not happy.  I worried about my hotel choice because if the hotel is crap, the vacation would be crap and I did not want a crappy vacation.

About 6 days before our trip, I decided to cancel our booking with Entre Dos Aguas and book at our favorite hotel, Samara Pacific Lodge.  Initially I thought Samara Pacific Lodge was just too pricey and out of our budget but when I did a final budget breakdown, it was less than $200 more for the 4 days with breakfast included and AC.  Well in budget and more than worth the price.  Plus we know and love Samara Pacific Lodge and I knew we would have a wonderful time at that hotel.

Our vacation was truly on for the memory books and I loved having my son and his friends as well as my sister and baby nephew along for the ride with us.  I cannot wait for our next vacation.


















No comments: