Tuesday, August 20, 2019

From Good To Worse

Don't you just hate when a perfectly great day turns to shit?  Well, let me tell you how my perfectly great day ended up in the crapper because of one little stupid decision.

The morning started like just about every other Tuesday school morning.  After dropping my hubby at the office, I came home and got the kid's lunches packed and ready.  My 19 year old sort of handles things for the 30 to 45 minutes while I'm gone, so that even my 5 year old is dressed and ready to go by the time I get back home.

I dropped the kids off but today was the day I decided to volunteer to help sell pop-sickles to raise funds for my daughter's 6th grade class, so I came back home and got ready to head back out to the school again.  This particular day, my 5 year old had a one hour late start, so it worked out perfectly that he was heading in to kindergarten the same time I was heading in to volunteer.  The day could not get any better.  The pop-sickle sale went as well as to be expected and I actually had a really good time.  The other mom volunteer and I even chit chatted about mom-life for a bit.  It was nice.  Then the shit hit the fan.

Right after we called it quits on the pop-sickle sale, I got a call from one of my son's friends' mom.  She was telling me that the transit police was giving me a ticket and that I needed to get out to my car right away.   I started to panick because HOLY F BALLS!  I had parked right in front of the school in a no-parking zone!  Everyone parks in that zone for drop off and pick up, but I had parked the car and left it in that zone for over 2 hours.  I should have know better.  And what gets my goat is that I had the car parked in front of the kindergarten drop off zone, a well designated parking zone, and I decided to MOVE IT! ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH! 

Once I got out to my car, I noticed that not only did I get a ticket but the police had taken my plates.  I could no longer drive my car around.  I wanted to die!  I am a mom that basically lives in her car.  I bring my kids to school, I pick them up.  I run daily errands and take my kids to their various activities. Plus, you know, I have a life.  I rush to find information on what I needed to do and was told to head to the local municipal office.  Once there, I was told I would have to go to the San Jose DMV by appointment to pick up my plates, but that would take THREE DAYS!  What I am to do without a car for THREE DAYS!!!  I could not help it, but I started to just bawl right there in front of everyone. 

After the initial shock wore off and I calmed down a bit, I was able to try and process the information I was given.  I made a HUGE mistake,  It was my fault and I had to pay the price.  It sucks not having a car and it sucks that I have to pay a $100 fine.  BUT it could have been worse.  I can wait three days and  I can pay the $100 fine.  And I have learnt my lesson.   

No comments: