Monday, August 12, 2019

Houston, We have A Theme!

It took about a day but after he made up his mind, my 5 year old was dead set on Toy Story as the theme for his 6th birthday.  I try to stay away from 'licensed' character themes for parties because I have done those types of parties to death.  I prefer a more unique theme or even a spin on a popular character, like under the sea instead of Bubble Guppies.  But as the kids get older, they want more input in the party planning process and that includes choosing the theme for their parties.  So Toy Story it is.


I have to say, I am happy with the theme my 5 year finally picked for his party.  There is so much I can do with a theme as popular as Toy Story, especially since the new movie just came out (Toy Story 4).  The color scheme is pretty varied as well, with lots of red, blue, yellow, light green and even purple.  Also, since my kids already have a few of the Toy Story toys, I can use those in the decor setup for the party.  Now, I am not trying to win any Pinterest awards by going crazy with decor and getting extra creative with themed foods.  I just want to keep the party simple, yet fun.

I have a moon-bounce and a trampoline reserved for the day for three whole hours, so I know the kids will have a blast with that.  I will have fun foods, snacks and desserts to please even my pickiest eater.  And since most kids love candy, I'll have a pinata too.  I find the simpler, less stress parties are better and more fun.  It's also a plus when I keep parties simple because I don't drain my bank account.  I am not trying to impress anyone but my 5 year old and he is easily impressed, so I'm good there.  I just want my guests to have fun and enjoy the day.  I really can't ask for much more and it does not take tons of money to accomplish that goal.

No comments: