Saturday, August 3, 2019

Trying To Plan A Party

Like I mentioned in the previous blog, August just about done snuck up on me without me almost noticing.  I cannot believe we are 2/3's of the way through the year.  Just 4 more months to go before we call it quits on 2019 and that is just insane to me. 

I have a lot to plan travel wise but I have to turn my attention to party planning for a bit as I have two more birthdays coming up.  First up, my 5 year old's 6th birthday, which makes me wonder in amazement just how fast my baby boy has grown from an infant into a fully grown big kid about to head off to first grade in a few months.

Usually when I plan parties, I take a few months for the entire process.  I go all in, designing the invitations, planning the menu and creating the guest list.  Finalizing the decor and the setup.  Planning out all the games and prizes and buying the food.  Plus a whole list of to do's and DIY's to keep me organized and creative.  I loved the whole insane planning process because to me, it was fun.  But as my kids got older, the process just got to be more work than I truly wanted to handle.  I have been at this party planning for far too long and so have learned to take a much easier route.  So instead of doing it all myself, I just hire out help.  Meaning, I am going to have someplace host the party for me.

It's the more expensive route but the route that is the less stress and honestly I can do with less stress right now.  I do need to save money though, so I plan to find the cheapest party option without cheaping out on all the fun.  I will stay true to who I am however and make my list of party ideas to put my own personal stamp on whatever party we decide to throw for my little guy.  And I will make sure it will be a day he won't ever forget.

No comments: