Sunday, September 22, 2019

A Soccer Party For My 11 Year Old

The best parties are the ones that take the least amount of work, least amount of planning, least amount of money and very little stress yet still turn out the amazing.  For my son's 11th birthday party, we had all those elements for a great party.  I barely did any planning.  With hubby in charge, he found and booked the soccer field with ease and It only took about a week to actually have the party planned.  We decided to have the party at a sort of indoor artificial grass soccer field; Futbol 5.  With the venue all set, all I had to do was send a few invitations to my son's classmates and friends.




After that, I just let the party plans unfold naturally.  I bought a few goody bags and treats as take home favors for the kids and I kept it pretty inexpensive and simple.  I also got a few snacks that took hardly any prep at all to set up.  And I baked a few cupcakes, as per the usual.  For the main course, we ordered a few boxes of pizza which, of course, was a big hit with the kids.







We had about 16 kids in total, which was the perfect amount because we didn't have a lot of parents attend the party and I didn't want to feel overwhelmed babysitting a ton of kids. However, the most important aspect of the party to me was how elated my son was that all his friends showed up to help him celebrate his special day.  The kids had a blast and with hubby in charge, all I had to do was sit back and enjoy the day.  Hubby and his friend played soccer with the kids because after all, it was a soccer themed birthday party.  The kids played for almost two whole hours, and I didn't have to do a thing.  It was awesome!




I thought the theme was genius, especially for a kid as obsessed with soccer as my son is.  And having the party at a soccer field meant built in entertainment for the kids.  They were able to play and run around and just enjoy the day.  No party games needed.  And after lunch and cake, we were able to clean up in a matter of minutes and head home to open presents.  It was the perfect day.



No comments: