Saturday, May 15, 2021

Far From Normal?

 I don't watch the news, so it makes it easier to stay oblivious in my little bubble. However, I do get fed the  news on occasion in small dosis on my social media pages, like Facebook, Youtube and Yahoo mail. In this capacity, I'm able to filter what and how much I choose to watch, listen to or read. 

The news distorts and uses fear tactics. They lie and manipulate. So by choosing how much information I intake, it helps my sanity and keeps me from freaking out too much.

Recently there has been a lot of talk on the latest spike in Covid cases in Costa Rica. Apparently it's bad, like the worse it has ever been and people are scared. The vaccine is currently available but not enough doses to go around and the government is trying to figure out how to get a handle on the new wave of coronavirus outbreaks. 

Not that I'm sitting over here in my happy little bubble worried at all. But with fear comes a whole lot of issues and it's the subsequent issues that worry me. I am hoping we get a handle on this virus enough to ease people's fears and calm the masses.  

If it's the vaccine people want then let them have it, without brute force of course. If we need to wear masks a little while longer, I'm on board as long as there is an end in sight. And if events still need to be postponed, then go ahead and postpone them temporarily.

What I am against, however, is shutting down businesses, mandating driving restrictions and curfews. We can be safe and get a handle on this situation without disrupting or destroying people's lives. Being compassionate and sensible is the way we go back to normal.

No comments: