Monday, May 10, 2021

My Perfect Mother's Day

 I don't requiere much when it comes to my own celebrations. At this stage in my life, I tend to prefer more lowkey affairs.   So for Mother's Day this year, all I wanted was a day off. 

A day off from cooking. A day off from doing the dishes. Just a day off from my normal mommy duties.  That's really all I wanted. 

So to fulfill my wish, we ordered Chinese food for dinner from one of our favorite Asian fusion restaurants. And to top it off, my kids washed up all the dishes so I wouldn't have to. Of course, I had to ask but it was a nice little gift that I appreciated more than any store bought present. To make the day even more amazing, I was able to chill in bed for a majority of my Mother's day. Life just could not get better than that. Oh, and let me not forget how sweet my youngest was by picking me some hydrangeas in the morning. Let's just say, I love my life as a mom.





No comments: