Saturday, July 24, 2021

About Thursday Night

 Who gets drunk on a Thursday night at a kids birthday party? That would be me. But to be fair, the party was held at a bar, so there's that.

Parties are finally happening again and we were able to attend our second party of the year. To say I was excited to be at another party is an understatement.  So I think I took my excitement a little too far. 

I had a blast and will have the memories to last a lifetime. But let me just say this; I never want to get that drunk ever again. 






It started simply enough with a cocktail of three chocolate based mixed liquors; Bailey's, Amaretto and a coffee liquor.  It was delicious. 






You see, I am not a drinker. I sometimes can't tell when a drink is too strong if mixed well. I am a lightweight and can get tipsy with just a couple of wine coolers. My limit is usually two to three drinks max and I tend to stay away from hard liquors. Shots are not my thing and I am not a fan of beer either. I like fruity drinks that taste delicious and that preferably have some sort of fruit detail and a straw. So the Orgasmic chocolate liquor drink was pretty strong for me. 

However, hubby saw how much I enjoyed it and ordered me another. I really should have just had the one because less than half way through my second glass I felt light headed and dizzy. I was officially drunk. 

After we got home and I went to bed, I felt sick. I was nauseous and uncomfortable. I never felt that way before after a night of drinking, especially since I only had two glasses. I had only ever been drunk two other times in my life but never felt so ill afterwards. 

Then the inevitable happened. I threw up, vomiting every last thing I drank and ate at the party. It was awful but I immediately felt better afterwards. I know my drinking limits and I will stick to them from now on. There is just no way I will get that drunk again. Point blank, period!

No comments: