Monday, September 28, 2026

First He Said No, Then He Said Yes!

 My middle son is quite the inigma.  He never truly wants for much, so chill he's almost cold and pretty much stays to himself. He's not very talkative, is super relaxed and thrives off routine; his routine. So when I asked what he wanted to do for his birthday this year,  he said ( not surprisingly) nothing!

I like to celebrate my children.  Whatever they want to do on their special day, I try to do. I want to give them the day of their dreams. But the day of my sons dreams consisted of him doing nothing, and I had to respect that.

However,  he was turning 18, which is a major milestone and a huge deal.  I could not let that slide and do absolutely nothing. We had to celebrate.  With a little convincing from my friend,  he finally decided to have a little get together with his friends the Saturday after his birthday.  










After all that, the day turned out amazing.  All his friends showed up to celebrate him and everyone,  including my son, had a wonderful time. And that made my heart happy. 

No comments: