My youngest wanted to join the band last year but I said no. As it was his first year at a new school, I needed us to get into our groove first before adding on new and unknown activities. I know how grueling the band can be. My two middle kids were in the band at their old school when they were younger. And it is a lot of work. But he insisted so I promised he could join the band this year. Besides, that would give me time to purchase his instrument.
After the tryouts and him making the band, then came the practice days. Two hours every Tuesday, then daily practices during recess as Independence day drew near. The band had to prep for the parade.
It was Costa Rica's Independence and the band made their school and their country proud. As for my son, he enjoyed his first band experience and plans to join again next year.









No comments:
Post a Comment