Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Card Box

So all this wedding planning has led me to quiet a few wedding planning sites and message boards. From these, I've gotten a myriad of ideas from other soon to be and current brides for my own wedding.
With so many new and trendy wedding ideas out there, it's hard to narrow down what is essential for the wedding and what is just not. I have been planning my wedding mentally for years so I already had ideas of my own. But some of the newer ideas just seemed to fit who I am now as a woman as opposed to who I was back then (the young naive me). So it was only natural I started looking for something new.

One of the many ideas I fell in love with was the wedding card box idea. There are so many different versions of the card box (a safe place for guests to put cards or envelopes with money for the bride and groom), but I loved the DIY versions (mainly because they are cheaper and more my style: artsy and crafty).

I looked up a few tutorials online and scoped out a few pics from other DIY Brides for ideas and went to work on a simpler version to fit my taste, style and budget. I finished the box today (it only took a couple of hours...less than 2 I'd say). It didn't come out exactly how I wanted it to, but I am pretty proud of it and love the look regardless. I know guests will like it too.

The finished product: I initially wanted the box to have 3 tiers and to look like a wedding cake, but I think the finished product is just as nice.

All it's missing is 'CARDS' placed on the front so guests won't confuse the box with a gift.

In progress: took me some time to find the right kind of wrapping paper.

I had to cut holes in the 2 boxes (a slit on top for the envelopes and cards to go through and a hole at the bottom of one box and the top of another for the cards to fall into).

While most brides that I saw used round boxes from a hobby store, I just used two boxes I had lying around at home.


No comments: