Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

I did not forget Easter this year, although I kinda wanted to. But Boobie (I'll call him P from now on, since at 12 he seems too old to be my Boobie anymore) was looking forward to our annual traditional scavenger egg hunt. He was so excited about it, I could not disappoint. Plus there was Fatty and Princess to consider as well.

I literally put Easter together in one day. No advanced planning necessary. I had our plastic eggs from previous years that we save just for the occasion. I had a few pictures of hiding places I had cut from magazines. All I had to do was stuff each egg with a picture clue and hide the eggs all over the house and yard. I did that while the kids were in the shower.

Next, I had to run to the store for a few goodies... after all, what would the kids be 'hunting' for? Plus, I had to fill those baskets with something. My budget for Easter was tight this year due to other financial obligations (notably the wedding) so I could not spend too much. Luckily, my kids are so blessed, they don't need much. They are bombarded with toys so I decided to forgo toys this year (and probably for the years to come). Instead I filled their baskets with:
Papitas (cheese puffs)
Condensed milk cereal treats
Choys chocolate bars with rice crispies
Gummies (they never get these so this was a real treat)

And the prize at the end of the hunt: Chocolate kinder Surprise eggs filled with a mini toy. I got Toy Story for P, Mickey Mouse for Fatty and Disney Princess for Princess. They gobbled up the chocolate eggs and played with the mini toy surprises for the most of the day.

It was another successful Easter... everything was a hit. And I was super happy to give my kids such a fun day. I was so glad I didn't 'skip' Easter.

Hubby, for his part, went out and got ice-cream and a family movie. It was a perfect Sunday.

No comments: