Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dress Shopping

My very first experience trying on bridal dresses was today and I have to say, I was not disappointed. It was a little sad as I went dress shopping by myself BUT it was nice to not have a bunch of opinions to deal with, so my own voice could be heard as far as what I liked about each dress and what I wanted. But it would have been nice to have someone, anyone with me, for my very first bridal dress experience. It is such a monumental moment and one of the very few times I felt like a bride (a poofy white dress can do that). I kinda thought I would have someone there with me to share it with.

Anyway, the attendants were super nice. I arrived to my appointment at Marian Daniels 15 minutes early and was attended to immediately. I sat in the room for a few minutes selecting dresses from the stores catalog and then another few minutes while the sales attendant pulled dresses for me from their collection.

I was very shy at first, since I had to be topless (I had the crinoline on) while the attendants helped me in the dresses. But it was fun playing dress up. And I am thankful I brought my camera because the sales associate took pictures of me in each dress and of the details of each dress as well.

I have to say, I loved all the dresses. But of course, I have my favorites. While at the salon, the second dress I tried on was the front-runner, but as I look at myself in the dress in photos, I am not loving it as much anymore. It just looks a little too "prom-ish" to me. The 4th dress has now taken the top spot; a dress I initially thought was too puffy and heavy. Browsing through the photos, it's the one that looks the best on me and fits my princess ideal (I was in love with the top of the dress from the minute I saw it). However, it is also the most expensive.

As this was my first bridal salon experience, I assume I have many more dress fittings in my future. I just need to go armed with a budget, so I am not trying on dresses I can't afford.

Dress #1: really liked the drop waist

Dress #2: initially my favorite, now not so much!

Dress #3: nice... love the top and the details on the bottom

Dress #4: didn't think I liked it being so 'poofy' but the top is HOT!!! And I love how it looks on me : )


Dress #5: not my favorite. It is the cheapest but it does not have that WOW factor

It's also funny that I have to note I was dead set against strapless dresses. I am not super blessed in the boob department and didn't want to worry about hiking my dress constantly as I danced the night away. BUT I think the strapless dresses look hot (and I can always add straps if I still need to).

No comments: