Wednesday, October 17, 2012

On The Wedding Path

Things are progressing nicely (I should hope) and my road to the alter is almost complete; it seems so real now.  I constantly think and daydream (and night-dream) about my wedding day and am so anxious for it be here. The path I took to get to this point seems like such a long and arduous one. Finally got the invitations checked off my list and only need to deliver a few more.  My current guest list is a lot bigger than I initially planned but hoping that as the RSVP's come in, I can get a handle on that. Also finished up a few small details as well: bought our toasting flutes (champagne glasses), glammed up our cake serving set, and added the final touches to the program and petals baskets. Also started getting the items for the candy bar (jars and candy) and made a set menu for the cocktail hour.  I even managed to get the ceremony decorations squared away (decided to make tissue paper pom poms...simple, cute and cheap).

Assembling the invitations (Spanish version)

Assembled and ready to be enveloped

Name tags on the envelopes

Assembled English invitations


All packaged, bagged and ready for delivery

Cake serving set with personalized ribbon

Blue ribbon bows for baskets

And just to show you a glimpse at how I've been staying organized with all this wedding stuff, here's a look at my wedding binder and wedding planning notebook...2 of my favorite wedding items.
This binder is all DIY.  I got the the binder from one of Hubby's leftover office supplies he had lying around and the pages I printed off the internet from a wedding planning site. Total cost, around $10 (for the printing).

I should jazz it up a bit on the outside...we'll see.

And my planning notebook...the very first wedding item I bought right after we officially became engaged and I started planning. It's a regular notebook that I wrapped in pretty paper. Cost less than $2.

No comments: