Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wedding Worries And Calm Nerves

It's now mid-October and my wedding is literally right around the corner.  However, with my fast approaching up-coming nuptials, I am as cool and calm as a cucumber.  Why?  Well, lets see: all of my major vendors have already been booked and the majority of them have been paid a nice deposit to guarantee my date and their services. I am 95% done with all my DIY items.  Most of what I have left on my to-do list are minor little detail items I can't do until a few weeks before the big day. However, I do hope that as the wedding day draws even closer, the list of things I have to do gets visibly smaller. I don't want to be up past 12 am the night before my wedding doing any last minute projects. As for now though, I am just taking it easy and waiting for my wedding day to come.

Not to say I don't have any worries.  I know who I am and I know that I will inevitably stress out (hoping not too much).  One major worry is the wedding finances. The budget makes me very nervous. I started out a very  small budget bride.  And I was happy with that.  But than, I kept increasing the amount I wanted to spend by adding in things I felt I just had to have (after initially eliminating them from the budget). I don't regret the decisions I made that pushed my budget higher as I know those items will make my wedding the wedding of my dreams, but I still wonder if its too much money to spend on just a one day party.  I hope when all is said and done, it will all be worth it.  And I am still penny pinching and watching the budget, just to make sure I don't go over board (as it can be so easy to do so when planning a wedding).

The one thing I feel we're really splurging on (and didn't get much of a deal on) is the honeymoon. With last minute bookings and then adding on additional days, the honeymoon budget has tripled.  I feel we deserve a nice honeymoon though, so I am reasoning with myself so I don't feel too guilty about all the money being spent on our vacation.


No comments: