Saturday, May 10, 2014

Easter

Easter was April 20 this year and it turned out to be an amazing day.  Last year I had no energy to celebrate Easter with the kids, which left my oldest, especially, disappointed. I had to make it up to him, to them. Plus it was the baby's first Easter.  I was working with a very small budget this year as I was in the midst of planning princess's party, but I still wanted to make the day special and fun.

First off, I reused baskets I already had on hand, so I saved money there.  Second, I decided not to go all out on the baskets. It's Easter after all, I don't want my kids expecting extravagant gifts. I kept things simple and lowkey but it ended up being amazing anyway.

The day started off with the kids having French toast and eggs for breakfast.  Then the egg scavenger hunt began. A note was left behind with an egg that had a clue and they had to follow each clue inside each egg on the hunt to find their baskets.

The clues inside the eggs took them all over the house and the backyard and finally to their baskets, which were hidden inside the laundry room.  Inside their baskets were goodies for them to enjoy.

P's basket: Gillette body spray, chips, chocolate covered peanuts, cookies and caramel and gummy candies and his favorite butterfinger candy bar.
Princess' basket: temporary tattoo, hello kitty journal, bracelets, chips, chocolate covered cookies, peanuts, caramel, hard candy, gummies, fruit pouch.
Jc's basket: temporary tattoo, coloring book, sticker book, stickers, chocolate covered cookies, caramel, peanuts and hard candy and gummies, fruit pouch.
Baby A: rubber ball, abc puzzle, faux croc sandals, stickers.

After the kids found their baskets and were allowed to enjoy a few treats, we had brunch. I made breaded tilapia, tuna pasta salad, rice, lentils and banana bread and cheesecake for dessert.  It was truly an amazing day.



No comments: