Saturday, May 10, 2014

Princess's Monster High Themed Gymnastics Party

We had Princess's party this past Sunday on May 4 at her gymnastics academy (oh yes, did I fail to also mention that my princess is taking gymnastics classes?)  Anyway, her party was held at Jaguares gymnastics. Her actual birthday was on April 26 and we kept that day lowkey with just cupcakes and a few small gifts.... We'll, one small gift from us. The following day, she had a cake and a big gift from my inlaws.

Now for the party, I planned it down to the last little detail as best I could with the time and budget that I had. Seeing as her birthday is literally less than a month after her big brother's.  I was working with a tight timeline and an even tighter budget.... Two parties a month apart with four kids ain't easy.

Princess wanted a Monster high party and she wanted it at the gym. I wasn't really sure we could afford that but I was going to make sure she got the party she wanted. Being pregnant last year, I had no energy for party planning and vowed this would be the year for birthdays. So I got my pen and pare out and got to planning.

As it turned out, the gym did host parties and it was actually affordable, I booked the venue and went from there.  I got my color scheme together, red, black, teal, some pink.  I got the piñata, ordered the cake, the favor bags, the favors, decor, treats, food, etc. this party was so easy to plan, set up and decorate. Since it was at the gym, I did minimal decorating. It took maybe half an hour to set up. And the food prep was super simple.

The kids has the time of their lives. It was quite possibly one of the best parties I planned, and we came this close to it bring one of the worst. Day of the party and my princess woke up sick with a fever and headache. Luckily she felt well enough to go to the party and she had the best time.

We had 23 or so kids and 20 or so adults, around 43 people total. Just the right amount of party goers to make the day special. Plus, it was a GORGEOUS day, just beautiful, sunny and hot.  The party was two hours and pretty laid back. I barely had to do much at all.  Here's the party breakdown.

Food: sandwiches, chips, fruit cups, chocolate covered marshmallows and strawberries, iced tea.
Cake
Decor: red tablecloth, Monster high toys and dolls, red forks, black plates and cups, red and black and teal balloons, red and black streamers, Monster high birthday banner.
Favors: Monster high cloth drawstring bags filled with bracelets, vampire teeth, jelly candy, cookies, chocolate for the girls. For the boys, red pencil cases filled with the same goodies minus the bracelets, they got temporary tattoos.
Activity: gymnastics (mini bars, trampoline, etc).
Piñata: chocolates, jelly candies, peanuts
Invitation: Monster High
Outfit: my mother in law made  princess an outfit similar to the character Clawdeen wolf from MH.

I have a ton of photos from the day and will post them soon.

No comments: