Saturday, May 10, 2014

Where in the world have I been......

Good question. I'm typing this blog post on borrowed iPad at the moment as I have been electronically unavailable these last few months. My last post was quite a while ago, ages ago it seems.  As it's now The month of May, it's been about five l o n g months since I've made any sort of post or update to mt blog. I have missed this place sorely. I tried my hand at vlogging, which is the video equivalent of blogging on youtube. I figured having both arenas to post my thoughts and we'll, life updates could only be a good thing. But my video blogging days have yet to come full circle.

Admittedly I was initially afraid of putting myself out there in the youtube world. But I realize now, it's not such a bad thing. Once i get my computer fixed and a decent camera, I will be vlogging in the future and linking my videos here as well. I look forward to that day. For now though, I am computer-less and feeling disconnected. I finally checked my email for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I had five months worth of unanswered emails, about 4000 or so....yeah!

So little by little I am trying to get back to the internet world, but it's not easy without the right tools. My oh so dumb smart phone recently deleted all my pictures and videos I had Benin saving, waiting to download to my computer once I got it fixed. Précis video and pictures of the baby's first Christmas, youtube video ideas and random cuteness if my kids being themselves. I wanted to bawl. But it's like I never learn. This sort of thing has happened to me before. I gave list precious pictures that I took; pics that were list fri. A crashed computer or a lost camera. I hope to learn my lesson thus time. I need to start backing up my photos because those are memories I can never get back gone forever. Sad!

So, what has been going on with us? You may be wondering.... Baby A is now 8 months old and as babies do, is growing like a weed. I had two birthday parties, one for my older son P and one for Princess, who both respectively turned 14 and 7.  P asked for a party, although much more lowkey than his previous birthdays.  He is 14 years old after all, and had not had a party since his 10th birthday. He asked for a Minecraft themed party but after much thought, decided against decorations. He did allow me to make a birthday banner and asked for the cake to be Minecraft themed, which was a Creeper cake (since I knew nothing about Minecraft, I had to search images online).  Besides that, he also wanted it to be a paintball party, so he gave me a list of people to invite, a few friends and cousins around his age, and I searched online for paintball places to host our group. It was about 10 kids and 10 or so adults. I'll have to check my list for the exact count but it was a good number, perfect amount of people for a teen party.

We booked the underground paintball in San Pedro for an hour and a half and as I couldn't go, I heard everyone had a blast. I stayed home with the baby and little kids and set up for the party at home. We ordered pizza, something for everyone: veggie, cheese and pepperoni. And we had iced tea, chips (cheese it party mix, sun chips,chips party mix...all my sons favorite) and cake. We also had ice cream in cones.

It was a great party and my son had a blast. And one of the best parts, he received cash gifts from his guests. What teenager doesn't like getting money as a gift. It was amazing and I wish I could post a few pictures here.  I'll have to make an update blog of just pictures of all the things I have failed to blog about. So as nit to make this post five pages long, the next post will be info on my daughters party, which was last Sunday.

No comments: