Friday, April 15, 2016

Party Over Here

This year, my princess turns 9.  CRAZY!!!  I cannot believe how fast my kids are growing.  It makes me feel super blessed to watch them grow and see their individual personalities shine through.  As the party planning mama, I knew I would be planning a birthday party for the kids this year again, of course.  I figure I may get another year or so for parties as they get older, since the older they get, the smaller the parties get and the more they might want to do a fun activity instead of an actual party.

Last year my princess told me she wanted a Peppa Pig birthday party, so I already had her theme ready to go before we rang in the new year.  I think it's a super cute theme and we all love Peppa so I started collecting Peppa party items a few weeks ago.  The majority of the decorations will be done by moi (DIY), with images I printed off the net (thanks Google).



I have my list of things I still need to get done but I still have about 2 weeks or so to get it all done.  Plus I am keeping parties simple this year to keep the stress level at bay (less work for me = more fun for me).  Keeping the guest list to a minimum (around 30-35 people), ordering pizza instead of cooking a big meal and keeping the decor simple yet fun is what I am all about (I have 4 kids and a house to tend to, I don't need more on my plate).  But I love party planning and I know even though I always start out small, my parties tend to take on a life of their own so we'll see how this one goes.

It's the first official party of the season for us (since we don't host parties for my 16 year old anymore), so I really do hope it's a good one.I have to say I am super excited and cannot wait for the party to get STARTED!!!




No comments: