Saturday, March 18, 2017

He's Almost A Man!

I am not sure what to feel right now.  As of March 28, which is less than 3 weeks away, I will have a 17 year old SON!!!  I am excited and feel a little odd because "HOLY CRAP... I have a SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD SON!"

It makes me truly happy that I have raised a well behaved, fairly competent, and mature young man. He is such a good son, a good brother and pretty good friend.  I love him to pieces.  Loving him to the moon and back?  How about I love him to Pluto and back (or whatever the farthest planet from the sun is).

He is such a simple kid too, which is awesome because his personality is very low key.  I got more than lucky having him as a son, I got blessed.  Yes, we've had our ups and downs (most likely documented on this very blog), but he has matured so much over the years that I am truly humbled to have him for my first born son.

To celebrate his birthday this year, he decided on a Paintball outing with a few friends and family.  It'll be low key (like his personality), with some pizza and snacks after at home for refreshments.

To say that he is the best older son I could have asked God for is probably an understatement of how I truly feel.  He is truly a wonderful person and will one day be a wonderful man (sooner than I can blink).  I can only hope and pray for the best out of life for him because he deserves the world.

No comments: