Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Dinner With Friends




It had been a long time since we'd seen our friends and so when they invited us to their house for dinner, of course we accepted with excitement.  My friend M and I have known each other for a good part of 18 years.  We have a lot in common and before life got too hectic, we used to see each other daily.  We took vacations together, we were always at each other's houses.  I even spent time with her family on holidays.  It helped that not only are we close neighbors, but she's also married to my husband's cousin.  Instant family.

Then she graduated and went to work as a private school teacher and things sort of shifted in our relationship.  Life got the best of both of us, me as a busy mom of 4 and her as a busy career woman.  Life can change things but no matter how far apart we seemed to be, it was never an issue for use to come together again, like nothing had changed and things were still the same.

So our Friday night get together was like a reset.  A step in the right direction to not lose touch and let life get the best of us.  And dinner was amazing as well, my M is a wonderful cook.

No comments: