Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Easter Fun

Yet another Holiday has passed us by but not without some fanfare on my part.  Easter is a fun holiday.  There is no pressure to give gifts or make a fancy meal.  You don't have to go all out with decorations.  No hustle and bustle of last minute stress prep. Basically it's not Christmas so you make the day as special as you want to make it.

I like to make Easter baskets for my kids but I also like to keep them simple.  There is no need to spend hundreds of dollars on the baskets, as Easter gifts tend to be fun, inexpensive small items that fit inside a basket or bucket for the kids to enjoy on Easter Sunday and the days and weeks ahead.

This year, we kept to our tradition with our annual Easter scavenger egg hunt.  I hide the baskets and the kids follow clues in search of said baskets.  I keep the day fun and special but laid back and stress free.  Breakfast was a simple meal of french toast, store bought beef patties and strawberries.



Hubby took the kids to the park for an hour or so and soon after that, dinner was served.  Our Easter meal was delicious and again simple: breaded tilapia, salad, mashed potatoes and chilli beans with a chocolate cake from the local bakery for dessert. 




I love to go all out for each holiday, making them special and memorable for my children.  But I like simple and simplicity is key when it comes to enjoying the holidays.  Having a good balance of making the day special but keeping it simple is what celebrations are all about.




No comments: