Saturday, November 23, 2019

Getting Into The Christmas Spirit

It took me a little while but I am finally getting into the holiday spirit.  It's not like I wasn't excited about the upcoming holidays.  I truly am ecstatic! But a few things had to be taken care of first before I could really let myself get fully immersed into the season.

First off, the most exciting thing we have planned for the holidays is our trip to Boston to spend Christmas with my family.  This trip initially started off as an idea last year, like so many other planned events. But then it quickly started to take fruition after I began the process of applying for all the kids passports.  Now that I have the passports, I have one more errand to run and then we can actually buy all the tickets.  With tickets in hand, it's no turning back.  We'll be heading to Boston for the holidays.

With Boston travel prep and plans under way, I can finally get festive.  Last week, I took the kids to our first Christmas event at the mall to see Santa and his crew.  After that, I started decorating the house bit by bit until Christmas took over.  Granted, I am keeping the decor very minimal this year as we won't be here for Christmas and most notably on the MIA list of decorations is my Christmas tree.  But the house still looks pretty festive with the few decor pieces I decided to utilize this year.  Because even though we will be leaving soon and the decor will have to come down before the actual holi-DAY, I still wanted to enjoy my home for the short time I had until then.

I also hosted our somewhat annual Secret Santa and gift exchange party with our friends and that was a blast.  Kids got some pretty cool gifts and I got a very tasty box of chocolates.  I cannot wait to see all that the rest of the holiday season has in store for us.  While most of our time will be spent in Boston living our best lives, I will still try and stick to many of our traditional celebrations as well.  We will be still be home when we officially kick off the season with our advent and the Polar Express.  And I still have a few presents I need to buy for a few family members and school personal.  So, while it won't be our norm, this is probably going to be one of the best Christmases we've ever had.









No comments: