Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Time For Another Update

It has been a while since my last blog post and a lot has happened since then.  I celebrated my 39th birthday, my very last year in my 30's, which is so crazy to me.  I don't feel a day over 26!


We also took a family trip to Monteverde, which was amazing.  I had never been to the cloud forest and it was for sure an adventure.  Monteverde is beautiful, with breathtaking views of nature in all its wonder.  The air is chill, crisp and clean.  I felt I was in a hidden paradise.  I have since added Monteverde to my list of all time favorite places and we plan to visit again soon.





 Our hotel in Monteverde was spectacular.  Hotel Fonda Vela was just a perfect family friendly home away from home for our family.  The grounds are gorgeous and the rooms are spacious and comfortable.  Breakfast was included with the price of our stay and I have to say, the food was pretty tasty. There are a few hotels that we like, and this was definitely one of them.




 Monteverde offers a wide variety of restaurants, with varying flavors and menu options.  This dish right here was a tasty first peek of the food we had in store for us on our 2 day stay.


Monteverde is full of family friendly activities for all ages, from the low paced to the adrenaline rush for the adventure seekers.  We decided to take advantage of the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve that was a close distance from our hotel.  The place is world famous for all its flora, fauna and bird watching.  If you're lucky, you might spot other types of animals as well.   Since we had smaller kids with us, we opted for the two hour hike and it was everything we thought it would be.





The various hike trails available at the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve




                                      


Back at the hotel, kids took a quick dip in the pool, which was freezing.  There was a jacuzzi, but unfortunately it was out of order, which was a bummer.  


 The hotel grounds are absolutely stunning, with its own trails to explore.  Hubby and I took a quick 30 minute stroll through one of the trails on the hotel property, which was a refreshing and welcome break from the hectic events of our last morning in paradise.  We had an amazing trip and hope to visit Monteverde again real soon.




On the another note, my kindergartener had a presentation for Culture Day at school and it was just too cute not to include in this blog post.  Here he is in his costume, representing the province of Limon, Costa Rica


And last but not least for his blog post, I had to include my daughter's gymnastics presentation.  It was a quick and simple exhibition but the girls had a blast sharing all the skills they've been learning in gymnastic class.  




No comments: