Thursday, October 1, 2020

The Big 4-0

 I celebrated my 40th birthday on the 26th of September and it was amazing. I felt wonderful. I got all dressed up with a full face of makeup for the first time in forever and even did my hair. I was looking like one hot mama and I was definitely feeling myself for sure.



We went out to PF Changs and had the most delicious spread of food and then made a bakery run to pick up a few sweet treats. I honestly could not have asked for much more on my very special day.





Now, in a perfect world, this year it would have been nice to mark the momentos occasion of entering a new decade of life with a birthday bash, one for the record books. But as we know, Covid had other plans. So I made due with other plans as well and happily settled for an intimate celebration with my kids and hubby.

But I could not let my 40th birthday pass without doing something extra, something for me. I thought about taking a trip with the family for the weekend, a nice little getaway to revive the soul. But the timing just didn't seem right. Then I thought about what I really wanted for my birthday and so decided to splurge on that instead. 

This year I spoiled myself with stickers. Yes, planner stickers. It might not seem like much to the average person but I am a planner nerd and love decorating my planner spreads with stickers. I have been craving new stickers and a new planner but those are items I just can't buy in Costa Rica. So I took the plunge and between myself and my hubby, picked up about 10 sticker packs and a new Happy Planner for 2021 from Amazon and the Happy Planner website. 

I am totally psyched and cannot wait to use all my new, fun gifts. It might not be a spectacular birthday bash but it was definitely an unforgettable birthday, one for the memory books for sure. And the best gifts I could have gotten this year bar none.



No comments: